100+ Appreciation Quotes and Thank You Messages For Your Boss
Not all bosses are great. Quite the opposite, in fact. So if you happen to be working for someone who sees you as more than just a money-making machine, then you are very lucky. They are so rare nowadays you could practically put them on the list of endangered species.
Whether you got a raise, promoted, or just being thankful for their guidance, these appreciation quotes and thank you messages for your boss will surely make their day. You can slip them small thank you notes or up it a notch and scribble these thank you messages for your boss in greeting cards.
Thank You Messages for Promotion and Pay Raise
- Thank you so much for the promotion and for having faith in me. I feel very grateful to have a boss who appreciates and values his/her employees. I look forward to continuing to do great work with you.
- This raise means so much to me — it shows that you have faith in my abilities and are confident in my role at this company. I look forward to continuing to work hard and improve. Thanks again!
- I will never be able to thank you enough for such a generous pay raise. It was a nice surprise and it has ended my month on a high note.
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader. Thank you for being my leader.
- Being noticed for a job well done is both gratifying and validating. Thank you for noticing and appreciating the little things and always finding a way to offer a compliment or a word of encouragement. Your sincere appreciation makes me feel like a valued member of this team and for that, I am in eternal gratitude.
Thank You Messages for Boss for Being a Great Leader
- A leader not only shows the way but also walks the way. You’re an amazing leader and we can never be more grateful that you are our boss.
- Ever since I started working with you as my leader, I have learned so many things that make me a better worker and a better person. You are truly the best boss ever. Thank you!
- Working for you is an honor, working without you is an absolute horror. Working under you is a pleasure, an experience that I will truly treasure. Thanks, boss!
- It is one thing to be a boss, another thing to be a mentor but a completely different thing to be a leader. We are honored to be led by a boss, mentor, and manager like you. Thanks for everything.
- Thanks for converting our mistakes into lessons, pressure into productivity, and skills into strengths. You really know how to bring out the best in us. A million thanks, boss!
- I want to express my gratitude for never failing to give me great advice, believing in me, and just being you. You taught me to go after what I want. I set goals and accomplish them. This was all because I knew how hard you worked and I looked up to you. You are the greatest boss someone can ever have.
- I want to express my sincerest gratitude for believing in me. You have been an excellent friend, teacher, mentor, and a great inspiration for me. You have inspired me to pursue my goals with hard work and dedication. You have shown me the value of honesty, sincerity, and trust in business. Working for you has been the best thing that ever happened to me.
- You not only granted me an opportunity to work with you, but you also guided me and made me strengthen my focus on all that I ever wanted to achieve. Thank you.
- The success I’ve had in my career is due in no small part to your support and encouragement. I appreciate you so much and value everything that I have learned from you.
- It really feels so amazing working in your positive environment. Working under your management is indeed a great opportunity for any individual like me. Thank you.
- You have motivated your employees while having to make the toughest of decisions. Your leadership and vision have been a true inspiration and a perpetual source of encouragement. Thank you, boss!
- I am truly thankful to you, as you have given me an appraisal and such a good compliment. I promise that I will strive hard and contribute to your company. I will do my best so that you feel proud and our company gets all the success. Thank you for being such the wonderful boss that you are.
- If it was not for your example, we would never know what it takes to be a true leader. Thank you!
- You weren’t going to get anything out of pushing me, to be an exceptional employee – but you still invested your time in me. Thank you for mentoring me every step of the way.
- After all you have done, thanks do not feel like enough. All I can do is offer my gratitude and appreciation for your leadership and for you being such a wonderful boss.
Short and Simple Appreciation Notes to Boss
- I wish to say thank you for tolerating my mistakes. This helped me to give my best to this company. Thanks a lot, boss!
- Thank you for your support. I greatly appreciate your confidence in me.
- Thank you so much dear boss for taking a chance on me and teaching me that there is always room for improvement. All my success and knowledge, I owe to you.
- You inspired me during difficult times when I needed words of encouragement. You are a blessing in my life. Thanks for all your support and advice and for being such a great boss.
- You make it easy to want to work hard. Thanks for being a great manager.
- Since I began to work with you, I have learned so much that has helped me become the best version of myself. Thank you for giving me this chance!
- Thank you for making me feel like I am a friend instead of an employee. You are excellent at dealing with your workers. Thank you, boss!
- Stories of how amazing you are as a boss have gone viral in my family and friend group. Everyone is jealous that I have such a great boss. Thank you for always being a cool boss.
- You are worthy of respect and admiration. Always full of energy and motivation. In tough times, you’ve cut us some slack. As a boss, we know you’ve always got our backs.
- Thank you for recognizing and rewarding my contributions at work!
- Each workday becomes tolerable because of your praises. Thank you for recognizing my potential as an employee.
- Thanks for putting up with me for so long. You have been a patient teacher and boss and I am forever grateful for the generosity you have shown me.
- I won’t suck up to you by lying and saying that you are perfect in every way. But your support and appreciation is the reason why I look forward to work every day. Thanks, boss.
- A boss and a friend, two in one. Whoever thought that work-life would be so much fun. Thanks a thousand!
- Thanks for helping me identify my talents and work towards pursuing them!
- Your comments on my failures and your compliments on my performance – both motivate and inspire me to do better. Thanks, boss.
- Thank you for your vision, your extraordinary ability, and leadership to guide us at all times. We appreciate the efforts taken by you.
Positive Comments For Your Boss
- From mentoring new team members to counseling employees’ personal issues. From supporting colleagues unconditionally to helping those facing workplace blues – thanks for showing that no matter how hard bosses crack the whip, they need to have a strong human side to their leadership.
- Thank you for giving me an opportunity to work with you. Your kind words, guidance, and encouragement mean a lot to me. You are truly an inspiration!
- You are a wonderful boss who knows how to bring out the best in your employees. Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for all your support and encouragement!
- Since the day I started to work with you; I know I’ve changed a lot that really helped me come out of my comfort zone and become a better person inside and out. You are one of the reasons why I’m always trying my best. Thank you for being such an amazing boss! You know I appreciate you in so many ways.
- Thanks for converting our mistakes into lessons, pressure into productivity and skills into strengths. You really know how to bring out the best in us.
- You are so helpful, kind, and generous with your time and energy. Thank you so much for being an excellent manager!
- You lead your employees and get them to follow your vision without being dominating and annoying. Thanks for showing us that respect is always deserved, never commanded or forced.
- I admire your leadership and decision-making skills. I look forward to continuing to learn from you and appreciate all your encouragement and support. Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for all that you do!
- Thank you for transforming our mistakes into valuable lessons. Your pressure and leadership has made us more productive and converted all of our skills into strengths. You have an amazing ability to bring out the best in all of us.
- Thank you for your kindness and understanding. You are an amazing boss for all of us.
- Working with a superlative boss like is the best experience of our career. Take our heartiest thanks for your excellent leadership.
- While I still have the opportunity, let me thank you for all that you have done not only for my but for the whole department. You are the most supportive boss we ever had. Thank you for everything.
- You motivate your employees, you take tough decisions. You support your colleagues, you are a true inspiration. Thanks boss.
- Just like how all trees need water to grow and all humans need air to live, companies need bosses like you to survive and prosper. Thanks for being our lifeline.
- It is one thing for you to be a boss, but being a mentor and a leader was never a requirement. We are so proud and grateful to have a boss, manager and mentor in one. Thank you for everything that you do.
Thank You Messages for Boss’ Retirement
- Thanks for sharing your expertise, wisdom and sense of humor with all of us. You will be greatly missed here.
- We’ll be happy if we can be half as efficient, half as creative, and half as amazing as a team as we were when you were the boss. Best wishes.
- Thanks for being not just a boss but also a mentor, friend, coach and cheerleader. Happy retirement!
- Having a boss like you at work has been a blessing. Thank you for the bright light on gloomy days. Your advice, support, and cheerfulness will be missed. Congratulations on being officially retired.
- Thanks for all the time and work you put into making this company so great. Enjoy retirement!
- All of our accomplishments are due to your constant encouragement and motivation. Thank you so much, boss. You are the true source of our motivation. Congratulations on your retirement!
- You are the most approachable and helpful boss I’ve ever seen. Your kindness has the power to melt anyone’s heart. You’ve taught me a lot. I wish you a happy retirement because you deserve it.
- You have contributed significantly to the success of the company. The success of the business today is a result of your expertise and years of experience. Thank you for all of your efforts! We will miss you terribly!
- Thank you for being the best leader anyone can ask for. The company won’t be the same without you.
- I want you to know how much I appreciate all the sacrifices you’ve made for our team. Now go get some well-earned rest!
- I’ve never met a fun-loving workaholic boss before. You always inspired everyone to enjoy their work, no matter what it was. Congratulations on your retirement!
- Thanks so much for all your support and help and for being our biggest cheerleader. We will miss you.
- I’m going to miss you, boss! Every day, you inspired me to do better, and I owe you everything I’ve learned at work. Enjoy your retirement to the fullest.
Best Boss and Leader Quotes
- The greatest gift of leadership is a boss who wants you to be successful. – Jon Taffer
- A good boss makes his men realize they have more ability than they think they have so that they consistently do better work than they thought they could. – Charles Erwin Wilson
- At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. – Albert Schweitzer
- If the world had more people like you it would be a better place. You do make a difference. – Catherine Pulsifer
- A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but where they ought to be. – Rosalynn Carter
- Leadership is not about titles, positions, or flow charts. It is about one life influencing another. – John C. Maxwell
- A leader leads by example, not by force. – Sun Tzu
- A good leader leads the people from above them. A great leader leads the people from within them. – M.D. Arnold
- The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant. – Max DePree
- Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. – Sam Walton
- Leadership is an action, not a position. – Donald McGannon
- Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things. – Peter F. Drucker
Appreciation Messages for Boss’ Farewell Party
- The whole team would like to express our gratitude to you for being an inspiration to us. Thank you so much for everything! We will miss you!
- I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you for being my manager and mentor. You helped shape my career and professional life and showed me how to transform my mistakes into skills. I really appreciate everything you have taught me!
- Being your subordinate was the best training I ever had in the corporate world. Thank you for everything, boss.
- I was once an ordinary employee who became extraordinary. Thank you for the training, Boss.
- I will never forget your creative approach in responding to a problem. You are a role model. Thank you.
- I would like to express my gratitude to you for being a role model and an inspiration. Your guidance and support were a seemingly inexhaustible resource that I’m afraid I took for granted. But now that you’re leaving, I know just how lucky I’ve been to have you as a manager. Thank you for teaching me so much and pushing me out of my comfort zone.
- It’s not easy to find a true leader to look up to, so it’s been a wonderful experience to work with a great boss like you. Thank you for sharing your expertise and for helping me establish myself as an expert in my field. I wouldn’t be where I am now without your help and guidance!
Appreciation Messages for Boss’ Birthday
- Happy birthday, boss. I want to thank you for having an open door and listening ears. You are simply the best. I wish you a long and fulfilling life.
- Thank you so much for your patience and motivation. I have learned so much from you over the years and owe much of my success to your example. I hope you have a fantastic birthday celebrating with people you love.
- Dear boss, with you at the helm of affairs, you make me look forward to coming to work every day. This is because you have the heart and soul of a real rock star. I wish you a very happy birthday and many successful years ahead.
- We, as your employees, count ourselves lucky to have you as our boss. You bring so much energy and joy into the workplace and push us to achieve greater heights. Happy birthday. You are such a great boss.
- Dear boss, your dedication, determination, and vision inspire us to always give our best. We appreciate having someone wonderful like you at the helm of affairs. Do have a happy birthday.
- As a boss, you are fair, just, and balanced. That’s why for your birthday I got you a scale.
- It seems like everything you touch is successful! It’s no doubt because of your strong morals and character. It’s clear that God has blessed you and your work. May God continue to do so in the years to come. Happy birthday, boss!
- You are a remarkable friend, boss, and mentor. It’s always a pleasure to work with you, and I wish you many more years of success. Happy birthday!
Thank You Messages for Boss Day
- To the boss, who has always been there to guide me, always there to support me, and always there to help me in need. Wishing you a very Happy Boss Day.
- I am glad to have a boss like you who treats their employees as their own family members. It has been a pleasure to work with you. Cheers to many more years together. Happy Boss Day!
- We just wanted you to know that we’d be at a loss if you weren’t our boss. Happy Boss Day!
- I admire your ability to lead and bring the best out of my coworkers and me. Thank you and Happy Boss Day!
- Good managers and bosses are very few in numbers. And the workforce is lucky enough to have you as the leader. Without your presence and guidance, the work culture would not have improved. Thank you for everything. Happy Boss Day!
- We couldn’t ask for a better supervisor. Everything you do for your employees shows that you care and are willing to put in the extra work. Enjoy your day, boss!
- I’m glad I know you, and I’m glad I work for you. Enjoy the day because you’re the best boss ever!
- I hope that every organization is rewarded with a boss like you who understands what it means to make the workplace a second home for everyone. Thank you for being the best. A very Happy Boss Day to you!
- One day a year isn’t enough to celebrate your awesomeness. Happy Boss Day to the best boss ever!
- I would not have been able to progress and thrive in my career if you hadn’t been there. Thank you once again for everything. Wish you a very happy Boss Day.
When Is The Best Time to Write a Thank You Note?
One thing to remember when writing an appreciation message to your boss is: be timely. Thank you messages for your boss that are written months after you’ve been promoted won’t have the same impact as when written on the day you received the promotion. Your boss might even think that you’re just obliged to write it and you weren’t sincere with your words.
Another consideration you need to make sure of is that they get to actually read it. Your boss is a very busy person. He receives a lot of correspondence every single day. Your message can be buried in an endless pile of letters. It might take weeks before they get to read it.
Sending an appreciation message to your boss during special occasions is a good idea too. For instance, you can include a thank you message in your birthday or work anniversary wishes. Or slip in a short and simple thank you letter along with your Holiday gifts. They’ll surely appreciate the gesture.
Which of these thank you messages for your boss do you like best? Tell us in the comments! Did you like this post about the best appreciation quotes and thank you messages to your boss? Check more helpful articles on our blog.
Searching For The Perfect Office In Boca Raton, Florida?
Find executive office space for rent in Boca Raton at our four story building on Federal Highway. Our convenient location is close to many great restaurants and the I-95 highway. Our flexible lease agreement and amenities are great for small businesses and startups. Enjoy unlimited free brewed coffee, cappuccino, and espresso daily from our kitchen. High speed internet and cleaning service are complimentary. Don’t wait, contact us now to schedule a tour.
This Content Is Fact Checked
This content has undergone a comprehensive fact-checking process led by our internal team. Discover more about the rigorous standards that govern our website’s editorial integrity here.