10+ Best Hardwork Beats Talent Quotes for Your Office Wall
Published November 28, 2022
Realizing that someone could put in less effort but still perform as well or even better than you at work can be devastating. It’s during these times that you lose the motivation to work altogether.
Though that may be the case, hard work is equally, or in some cases, more important than talent.
Alas, people tend to forget about this. That’s why a reminder that hard work can sometimes be more important than talent is always welcome in an office. Quotes are the best when it comes to that. Below are twelve hardwork beats talent quotes that you might want to print out and put on your office wall.
12 Hardwork Beats Talent Quotes for Your Office Wall
1. “Smart work is also important but it is not a replacement for hard work” ― Prabakaran Thirumalai, Writer
Talent might make things easier for a while, but it’s not the only ingredient to success.
2. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” — Babe Ruth, Former Baseball Player
A positive mindset, regardless of your situation, is key to plowing through problems hindering your hard work.
3. “I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near.” — Margaret Thatcher, Former UK Prime Minister
Though it may seem unbelievable, a lot of successful people have admitted to not having an ounce of talent in what they do. That goes to show that while talent can help, hard work is often enough.
4. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.”— Stephen King, American Author
Talent is more common than one would initially think. The only reason why that’s not apparent is that the hard-working ones are typically the only ones that see success.
5. “If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful after all.” — Michelangelo, Sculptor, Architect, and Painter
People often forget that even talented individuals work hard for what they have. Talent doesn’t always equal success. It may not even be the most important factor, especially compared to hard work.
6. “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” — Isaac Newton, Physicist, Astronomer, and Author
The people that we see in history or science books today aren’t the most talented ones. They are the people who didn’t give up and leveraged the talents of others.
7. “Great companies are built in the office, with hard work put in by a team.” — Emily Chang, Journalist
This quote sends a different message, but that doesn’t make it any less true. It emphasizes the importance of collective hard work over fancy equipment or an expensive building.
8. “Work, and you’ll get what you need; work harder, and you’ll get what you want.” — Prabakaran Thirumalai, Writer
If you can’t get what you want with the amount of effort you’re putting in, working harder will often do the trick. It might be difficult, but going the extra mile will almost always be the key to success.
9. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” — Tim Notke, High School Basketball Coach
Perhaps the most popular quote about hard work and talent, this quote emphasizes the importance of hard work, even to people who are talented.
10. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” — Pelé, Former Professional Football Player
Apart from talent, hard workers often forget that though luck plays a role in success, it’s merely one ingredient in a recipe. Hard work, among many things, plays a bigger role.
11. “There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs.” — Zig Ziglar, American Author
Even talented individuals have to take the stairs to succeed. They might be faster than everyone else, but the ability to not stop climbing is what sets hard workers apart from others.
12. “I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” — Thomas Jefferson, US Founding Father
Opportunities present themselves to those who are prepared. It’s not a matter of talent but a matter of how much a person has worked until now to prepare themselves for what’s to come.
Summing It Up
Not everyone can be talented, but hard work can come naturally to every person. Thankfully, hard work tends to be more important than talent in many circumstances, especially at work. So, while it can be a shame that you don’t have the talent you want, hard work can very easily make up for that.
(Related: 20+ Inspirational Quotes for Working Women)
Searching For The Perfect Office In Boca Raton Florida?
Find executive office space for rent in Boca Raton at our four story building on Federal Highway. Our convenient location is close to many great restaurants and the I-95 highway. Our flexible lease agreement and amenities are great for small businesses and startups. Enjoy unlimited free brewed coffee, cappuccino, and espresso daily from our kitchen. High speed internet and cleaning service are complimentary. Don’t wait, contact us now to schedule a tour.
About The Author
Lenard Arceo is an experienced writer who enjoys learning to coding as a hobby. He has spent many years blogging about a vast array of topics and has helped many reputable websites grow their audience over the years.