10+ Work Life Balance Quotes To Remind You To Take A Break
Published November 28, 2022
Many office workers struggle to achieve a healthy work-life balance, which is normal. Even the most successful business people in many industries struggled with work-life balance at first.
If that sounds like you, the following work-life balance quotes should help motivate you.
1. “You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.” — Zig Ziglar, Motivational Speaker
A business success story isn’t all it takes to be truly successful. There must be a balance of success stories across all aspects of one’s life, and that includes success in your family and your personal life.
2. “Struggle doesn’t make success happen. In fact, struggle can prevent success from happening. If you seek struggle you will find it. if you seek ease, you will find it.” — Rich Fettke, Business Coach
Often, those who look for ways to make their jobs easier tend to be the ones that are truly happy with their life and work. Meanwhile, the people who try to do more can find themselves only grasping success.
3. “Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.” — Betsy Jacobson, American Businesswoman
A lot of times, people regret spending more time in the office than with their family. If you truly want to achieve a healthy work life balance, making sure you have no regrets is one step of the way.
4. “Don’t confuse having a career with having a life.” — Hillary Clinton, 67th US Secretary of State
If you can’t imagine yourself without your current job, you probably don’t have a healthy work life balance.
5. “You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.” — Charles Buxton, Writer
Busy people have the tendency to tell themselves they’ll only do what they love once they find the time.
Unfortunately, most of the time, that ends with them being unable to find the time. That’s why it’s essential to just make time, even if it means putting your work and its related tasks below your priority list.
6. “You will never feel truly satisfied by work until you are satisfied by life.” — Heather Schuck, Entrepreneur
Success is when satisfaction comes while you’re at work.
It’s not about being able to only feel satisfaction when you’re out of your office. In those cases, what you’re doing is just working for the salary, and that reflects poorly on your work-life balance.
7. “You can’t have everything you want, but you can have the things that really matter to you.” — Marissa Mayer, Former CEO Of Yahoo
While it’s true that you can’t have everything, you can at least get a few of the things you want. It’s entirely up to you what you’ll decide to get, but hopefully, you will choose the things that really matter to you.
8. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Altshuler, Sales Consultant
Time is always ticking, and you only have a finite amount of it. As the pilot of your own time, you have at least a level of control over how to spend it. And hopefully, you don’t spend all your time on work.
9. “Balance is not something you find; it’s something you create.” — Jana Kingsford, Business Coach
This quote is similar to Heather Schuck’s quote about making time rather than finding time. It shows the importance of taking action yourself rather than waiting for things to go together.
10. “Be moderate in order to taste the joys of life in abundance.” — Epicurus, Philosopher
Moderation is key to a lot of things, and as it turns out, it’s one of the keys to a healthy work balance.
Just as you wouldn’t want to enjoy life without working excessively, you also don’t want to work too much.
11. “Part of keeping work and life in balance is surrounding yourself with people that have similar aspirations.” — Damon Dash, American Entrepreneur
This is one of the quotes about working too much and not enjoying life that tackles how to achieve a healthy work life balance. Basically, rather than having friends who seem too busy with work, it’s better to have friends who can make time and spend it with you.
12 “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” — Dolly Parton, Philanthropist
Making a living and making a life are two different things. Interestingly enough, while the latter is generally easier, people find it difficult to choose life over their living. Never get to the point where you can no longer have a life due to making a living.
(Related: 10+ Best Hardwork Beats Talent Quotes for Your Office Wall)
Searching For The Perfect Office In Boca Raton Florida?
Find executive office space for rent in Boca Raton at our four story building on Federal Highway. Our convenient location is close to many great restaurants and the I-95 highway. Our flexible lease agreement and amenities are great for small businesses and startups. Enjoy unlimited free brewed coffee, cappuccino, and espresso daily from our kitchen. High speed internet and cleaning service are complimentary. Don’t wait, contact us now to schedule a tour.
About The Author
Lenard Arceo is an experienced writer who enjoys learning to coding as a hobby. He has spent many years blogging about a vast array of topics and has helped many reputable websites grow their audience over the years.